This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Rescue My Reef

Discussion in 'General Reef Discussions' started by codemonkey812, Sep 18, 2019.

1. codemonkey812

codemonkey812
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

I upgraded my 75G reef tank to a 110G in February. The first few months were promising, and most of the coral was recovering nicely. Then a lost 90% of my fish unexplainable, and algae started to bloom everywhere. I am been fighting with it all summer, and losing the battle. Every time I test my water I am not seeing any Nitrates, Nitrites, or Phosphates (I have even tried two different brands of test kits). I am doing 30G water changes monthly. I have shortened my lighting schedule. I am looking for some friendly advice on what to try next.

I am starting a Vlog on my tank and hoping to make one episode weekly. Check it out here to see what I am fighting with.

For reference here is what it looked like in May.
    [​IMG]

2. Alcove

Alcove
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

what kind of RO setup do you have

3. codemonkey812

codemonkey812
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

Five stage RO water saver with three stage DI (BRS).

4. Alcove

Alcove
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

I had an algae problem, And lost all my snails in a tank and finally tracked it down to a cracked aqueon professional series heater. I would check all your equipment for an failures to see if there’s something leaching something into the water.

5. codemonkey812

codemonkey812
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

My issue is I upgrade the size of my tank and not my equipment. Or that is what I believe the issue is. I have been very busy with work, but I am hoping to put some time into my tank soon.