This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Wanted Green Slimer Acro

Discussion in 'Trading/Selling/Free/WTB' started by Dreefa, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Dreefa

Dreefa
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

hey guys, just getting into dabbling in some SPS, and I heard green slimmer is a good, fast growing and forgiving SPS. Anyone have any frags of this?
    Thanks!

2. brian1313

brian1313
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

I dont have any green slimer but i do have some acros that are in the $25-$40 range. Some are cut now ready to go and some will be in about a week

3. Dreefa

Dreefa
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

Thanks. I asked for Slimer because it seems they are easy to care for.less demanding. I am pretty hesitant to try other acros given their reputation combined with my limited experience/expertise.
    Am I correct on this or are there other acros out there that are fast growing, more forgiving, etc.?
    Thanks!

4. brian1313

brian1313
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

in my experience with acros about 9 months now fast growing is a relative term. None grow extremely fast and most of my i dont even really realize they have grown as much as they did until i look back at pictures. In terms of forgiving i think if monitor your tank closely and you know your tank well but yes some acros are less forgiving than others. I have some higher end ones that i have no issues with and some that i bought for $15 that give me all sorts of grief. The one thing I learned is just invest the time to learn about them. Monitor them closely. Invest in some good test kits. Be ready for more water changes and if you start to get a lot of them like i have be prepared to dose.

Where are you located?

5. Dreefa

Dreefa
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

I am in Beachwood. you?
    Can text me too 516-582- one 8 three 9