This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Salt prices

Discussion in 'General Reef Discussions' started by Rhodophyta, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Rhodophyta

Rhodophyta
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

I have been kind of out of it with trying to sell a house and retiring. Is $12 for 50 gallons of Instant ocean or Reef Crystals a good price? There is someone on Aquabid with that buy-it-now price, and he lives near Strongsville, OH so I can pick it up and avoid the shipping. Not sure what the prices are on 160 and 200 gallons.

2. Melchior

Melchior
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

I can get a 200g box of reef crystals for $54 + tax from salty critter. Aquatic Tech is a bit more expensive, and RMS is the worst ($97 for a 160g bucket). It's around 70ish with shipping from BRS for a single 200g box.

3. Rhodophyta

Rhodophyta
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

I did ask him about the Reef Crystals - 160 gallon bucket - $ 48, 200 gallon box - $ 52. So he is close to Salty Critter's price. I did not check Aquatica's prices yet.

4. TheSaint216

TheSaint216
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

I would check out Aquatica they have really good prices on Salt. Good enough for me to drive out there from Mayfield.

5. Tru2nr

Tru2nr
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

I always go to Salty critter and pay 54...I've never priced out salt at Aquatica but its usually out of my way.

...Warrior says that this post is Legen....wait for it....dary

6. JacqP

JacqP
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

I always get mine from Drs. Foster and Smith on-line--Instant Ocean 200 gallon mix (box), CD-70441, $39.99 right now, with free shipping over $49, so if you buy another item or two, you get it at your door, and save gas and lugging it around yourself, and way cheaper than in any store.
    http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=4856

7. Tru2nr

Tru2nr
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

Good call I might needa order some

...Warrior says that this post is Legen....wait for it....dary

8. erikras

erikras
    Expand Collapse
    Cursed by PO4

Aquatica definitely has good prices. Last summer I picked up two 175g buckets of Red Sea Coral Pro from Foster & Smith for something like $99 and got free shipping. Just checked their site and now they wan't $69.99/bucket. You can find it cheaper locally.

9. fretfreak13

fretfreak13
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

At Blue Fish Aquariums we have the Red Sea Coral Pro large buckets priced at 70. I don't remember what all the others are off the top of my head, but I will check for you guys tomorrow if you want.