This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Introductions

Discussion in 'General Reef Discussions' started by KPclown, Oct 26, 2009.

1. KPclown

KPclown
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

Hello my name is Keith and I am just getting into the saltwater hobby. I am currently waiting for my JBJ 3 gallon Pico to arrive. I am planning on housing some very basic things, such as mushrooms and snails. In the future I am planning on buying the JBJ 29gal HQI series and creating a more complete reef. The 29 gallon tank will house two Ocellaris Clowns, a Bubble tip Anemone, a Yellow Watchman Goby, and a Randalls Pistol Shrimp. I will also have various corals and cleanup crew but will have to ease myself into most of it. For now the small Pico tank will provide me with some beginners experience and get me started. The smaller tank can also act as a quaranteen tank for when I get the bigger tank going.

2. cmador

cmador
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

imo the pico will be much tougher to care for than a 29 gallon would. that tiny volume of water doesn't allow for much error in water chemistry. I would rethink starting with the 29. either way - good luck

3. Kostrab

Kostrab
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

4. Kostrab

Kostrab
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

Not trying to discourage you from which ever tank you decide on, just giving some advice, which you will find a lot of around here. If you need any help, this is the place to ask for it. There's a lot of great people here....Oh... WELCOME aboard and good luck!!!!