This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

240 Gallon Cube build Thanks C-SEA and Steve Shin

Discussion in 'General Reef Discussions' started by Crkbaby, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Crkbaby

Crkbaby
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

Well I finally have the tank in place on the stand in the corner of my office the overflow is done and the tank back has been painted. I am hoping to get this project started soon. I still have to reinforce the floor under it. There really will be no filtration change since it has been pretty overkill from the start and is all getting plumbed to the basement frag tank/sump. I had a water new water change station built to accommodate the larger water changes its plumbed into the sump already and has been tested. All together the system will have approx 400 gallons in it. Running bio pellets, GFO, and carbon reactors eventually would like to set up a calcium reactor. Skimming with the vertex re 200 and sro 3000 for the time being. It is still aways off from getting done. Taking the 2 mp40s and all the contents from the 120. Ill be selling the 120 stand and halides soon. Also need to get more flow gonna add on 2 more mp40s. The tank will be lit with 4 Apollo solarblast dimables same lights that are on the frag tang I really am a fan of them for the cost. I also have to get the plans going for the skirting to flush it to the wall. I am really happy I got a chance to do this project I really don't think it would be anymore than a dream if it were not for our club and Steve Shin at Aquatica donating the tank for the raffle.

2. erm213

erm213
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

Good deal Matt, I am excited to see it up and running. Have you made any stocking decisions yet?

Erik

3. Crkbaby

Crkbaby
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

Nothing major really my 120 is pretty overstocked so probably just going to add a few fish. I would like to move my purple tang to my frag tank and the Vlamingi tang to the main tank. Maybe add a few more anthias to the school, and add a Banghia Cardnal school in. The amount of fish I have right now is the main reason I have the filtration I do. 1 sailfin tang, 1 vlamingi tang, 1 purple tang, 2 mandarin dragonets, 1 watchman goby, 6 anthias, 1 flame angel, 1 matted filefish, 2 cardnals, 1 2spot hogfish, 3 neon gobies, 2 mated false perks, and a blue devil damsel. I will probably do 2 or 3 other fish, Maybe a flame hawk, and a copperband butterfly,

4. erikras

erikras
    Expand Collapse
    Cursed by PO4

I think Matt is going to have to have a cookout at his house when he gets this tank up and running! :biggrin:

5. Crkbaby

Crkbaby
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

If I am ever content I will but if that happens I'll probably have to take a vacation 1st.