This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

20 Gallon Peninsula Tank

Discussion in 'Member Tank Builds' started by brian1313, Feb 6, 2019.

1. brian1313

brian1313
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

I figured since I had some downtime at work and I want to be involved more with C-sea I would start with my tank build. My tank is about 1.5 years old but I have had to move it 3 times so I feel like i have had a tank build every 6 months ha. Here are some pictures as it currently stands.

Tank: 20 Gallon IM Fusion Peninsula AIO

Light: Nanobox Duo (on Mixed reef pre-set 12 Hr cycle with 1.5 hr sunrises and 1.5 hr sunset)

Flow: 245 gph amazon offbrand return and Jebao wave pump on lowest setting

Rock: Liferock

Filtration: Intank basket in first chamber with Floss and Chemi Pure Blue, two marine pure blocks in 2nd chamber

Heat: Two 75W Neotherm heaters

Livestock: Normal Ocelllaris Clown, Platinum White Precula, Green Striped Goby, Coral Banded Shrimp, One fat blue legged hermit, bunch of misc snails

Coral: Variety of Zoas, Green poc and pink poc, Duncan, Frogspawn, Green sinularia, Green Nepthea, Variety of Shrooms, Kenya Trees, Birdsnest, meteor shower cyphastrea, small green toadstool.

Stand: a petco stand that I custom wrapped in different stained colored woods with a door on the front.

This is not my first tank but its my first tank that I was willing to put serious time into and it has paid off. I love th small footprint and I love the peninsula style. I am hoping to move it to make a small room divider out of it. Its the perfect size for our living room and my 3 year old loves it and I love teaching her about all the stuff in there.

Maitnence on it is pretty easy. I do a 25% water changer every 2-3 weeks and manually top off every morning and night ( I do have an ato just havent hooked it up) I also scrub the glass every other day. I manually dose reef roids and reef fuel about twice a week. I change filter floss every 2-4 days. My tank (Knock on wood) stays pretty clean as my hermit is a ferocious eater and works as an awesome cleanup crew although he does mow through my small crabs.

I also want send a shout out to Nanobox as they make an awesome light. It is intense but works perfectly for the spread of my tank and my coral has looooved it! Its cool with the scheduling which I have messed with but havent put serious time into it. Its nice to control from my phone via an app. Also love that you can customize the lid which i just bought one to match my stand and hardwoods in the room.

I will add more to this "journal" as live stock is added or if there is interest in knowing more. I am by no means even close to knowing 10% about reefkeeping and this is all trial by fire for me.

Attached Files:

2. codemonkey812

codemonkey812
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

I like what you did to the stand. Very nice tank.

3. brian1313

brian1313
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

Tank Update:
    Got an SPS pack last week with a few acros in it. We will see how that goes as this is my first foray into acros and sps besides pocillopora:
    lauras purple acro
    Ora Cali tort
    BC lemon hammer
    Neon sermentosa
    Aussie neon green acro

Also got the ATO hooked up and got a reefkeper lite on its way. I know reefkeeper is out of business and these will be obsolete soon im sure but for the price I couldn't pass it up to have a monitoring system for temp, ph, and salinity along with having a backup for the heater in case it ever breaks. I cant justify spending the money for an apex on a 20 gallon tank.

4. brian1313

brian1313
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

Sadly and happily I will be shutting this tank down. I had a bad tank accident while I was gone about a month ago and almost caught the house on fire (ahhhh!) and need to move the tank but I will be starting a new thread soon with the new tank. Right now it is a Red Sea Nano Max. Might be getting a larger red sea but we shale see.

5. gavij

gavij
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I think a GFCI outlet is a must. It is very easy to install if you don't already have it.

6. brian1313

brian1313
    Expand Collapse
    Paid C-Sea Member
    C-SEA Member

I think your right. Were renovating our basement ans thats where the new tank is going I may add one down there where the tank is going